Sunday, August 22, 2010

My 2 yr old son broke his pinkie finger nail and complaining that it hurts. any suggestions?

Home remedies for pain?? I know t won't hurt once it grows out but mean while any helpMy 2 yr old son broke his pinkie finger nail and complaining that it hurts. any suggestions?
My Mom used to take turpentine (as I remember it doesn't burn or sting) and put a gauze pad on the boo-boo and soak it in turpentine and then wrap it with dry gauze or a bandaid. Somehow, it takes the soreness out. Good luck.My 2 yr old son broke his pinkie finger nail and complaining that it hurts. any suggestions?
what do you mean by broke? like it broke and now a new one will need to grow in? if there is a blood blister under it (blood pooling) you need to poke a hole is it and let the blood drain and he will feel a million times better if the nail was just cut too short, there is nothing... a bandiad might mentally make him feel better.
My mum used to hold the place that was hurting and look me in the eyes, then she would pretend she was concentrating and then she would gasp and smile and cup the pain in her hands and let it out the window. I would always feel better, lol. I suggested that cuz I didnt want to say tylenol or something.
It sounds like he may have broken the 'tuft' of his finger-which is the very tip of the bone.(of the distal phalanx). Either that, or he was lucky enough to miss the tuft completely and just smashed the skin surrounding the tip. (The nail may all off if it was bruised at the cuticle) Either way, I'm sure he hurts. (I'm an x-ray techn. and I see that fairly often in young children). Just wrap it-but not so tight so it's not cutting off the circulation. Or use your judgement-if you feel better getting a Dr.'s appt. I suggest you do so. Let me know, K?!
if he will let you,put some table salt in little warm water and soak his finger for a few minutes a day for a couple of days,and then put some toa on it with a small bandaid until he doesnt complain of pain
um break his other pinkie and ask him which one hurts more?! haha no i am jk..but give him some tylenol or something ot ease the pain!
They have neosporin with pain reliever that might help...and it will help the healing and keep out the infection
your not a doctor it could be infected go back to the dr

No comments:

Post a Comment