Sunday, August 22, 2010

I just found a finger nail in my Campbells soup...?

I am totally disgusted right now. What do I do now?I just found a finger nail in my Campbells soup...?
Are you sure it's not just a ';U'; from Alphabet soup ????I just found a finger nail in my Campbells soup...?
I use to have acrylic nails put on for a couple of yrs. %26amp; one day my fiance was eating my meatl oaf %26amp; I saw him spit something out, look at me %26amp; ask if I was missing something. I saw I was missing 1 painted nail. Thats happened a few times(not food), but sometimes they show up in the most unexpected places. Could that be the case? If not, thank God it was'nt another finger! Sorry, could'nt resist!
call the company
You should call the company right away and they will tell you what to do. They might even start an investigation.
Did you clip your fingernails while heating? If so, pitch it.





If not, and you think it was in the can, call Campbell's. Their # is on the label. Don't throw it out as they will do tests to make sure the DNA of it is not at all related to you.
I'll bet that wasn't ';mmm mmm good!';, huh?
At least it wasn't the finger!








(they will want to know the run numbers on the can so save it if you are going to contact them)
Call the company, and report it, or u can mabe just clip a piece of ur nail swallow it, then sue the company lol!





please don't do that





but call the company.
ewe i would call them and complain, i buy campbells for my 2 daughters they love it, i would throw a fit if i found this in my babies soup gross!!!! I would have them reimburse me more than one cans worth, although i probably won't want to have them eat any more
take a picture of it and keep the can because it has all the info on it. Call the 1-800 # on the back of the can during business hours and tell them about it. Tell them you have a picture and the can and you can email it to them...save everything. They should take care of it right away. Dont forget to get the name of the person you talk to. Make them reimburse you for the can of soup and offer you other stuff too.
Gross!!!
maybe that will teach ya not to buy canned soup, that is unless you must ...
Ugh... I would contact the manufacturer, they might give you another can or something (although if I were you, I would probably be done with soup for a while).
Call, write, complain...scream.





That is freaking nasty.
theres a number on the can CALL THEM

1 comment:

Campbell Cares said...

Hi Deangelo, Sorry to hear about your experience. If we can be of any help, give us a call at 1.888.710.7358 between 9AM and 7PM EST.
Thanks

Post a Comment