Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I care for my finger when its nail fell off?

About a month ago, I was playing softball when i ball hit my fingernail. I went to the emergency room and they drilled a hole into it. Now, my finger nail fell off my the root, but a little corner is still hooked on. I trimmed the rest of it off. What should i do? pull the rest off, add medication, or just leave it alone?How do I care for my finger when its nail fell off?
keep it clean and don't let anything in there it will make a infection...and i would put some kind of temporary cast on it to stop all the germs getting in it. and dont try to paint your nails it will sting sooo much. so just let it be and whatever you do DONT PULL IT OFF!!!!! here is a site to help you to keep a healthy finger nail... http://www.spaindex.com/Articles/nailbuf鈥?/a>How do I care for my finger when its nail fell off?
let it be. keep it clean
Well when a nail falls off you should leave it alone.It should grow back naturally.But if it doesn't grow back in about a month you should talk to a Doctor.
My suggestion would be to leave it alone. It will fall off by itself. You could cover the nail to avoid getting the corner caught on something. until it does fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment