Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How can u get finger nail polish out of upholstery?

red fingernail polish on my couchHow can u get finger nail polish out of upholstery?
You cant. Nail polish is an enamel and once it is dried it doesnt come out of fabric. Do NOT try nailpolish remover on it. Acetone based removers will melt plastic/synthetic fabrics and leave you with a bigger mess than you already have.How can u get finger nail polish out of upholstery?
Try nail polish remover with a q-tip to prevent spreading.
I have a 3 year old who spilt bright pink REAL nail polish all over my white couch recently. I have a damask slipcovered cotton couch so I used as much acetone based nail polish remover, scrubbed it with a veggie brush into the weave and even made it worse with a green washcloth in the panick. nonetheless, when I washed it, it was gone, the nail polish remover did it's job.





Can you clean your upholstery after the nail polish remover stage? worth trying to save a couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment