Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can I Pull My Finger Nail off now?

The last Friday during spring break my little finger (pinky) got slammed in to a Volkswagen trunk. Ouch!!!! It turned black and hurt for days. Now 2 days ago I noticed it was coming off. I can literally lift it up a little and see under it. The only skin thats holding it is on one side. Like the spine of a book. Can I just yank it off or wait for a doctor.Can I Pull My Finger Nail off now?
Ouch!!


Don't yank it. That will tear it, and make things worse.


If you can raise it a little, you should soak it in some warm water (as warm as you can stand it) with betadine solution (similar to iodine) for a few minutes several times a day. Use about 1 part betadine to 6 parts water. It stains, so don't splash it - and soak it on a surface that can either be stained or cleaned. You can get the betadine at a pharmacy.


Once the fingernail can be lifted off, you can use a sterile scissors or clipper to remove the extra nail material so it doesn't get stuck on something. Clean it thoroughly, put some neosporin on it and cover with a bandage. Continue to clean it and re-bandage it a few times a day until the nail bed has grown new skin and is healed.


You can also go to your clinic and either have your doctor do it, or even a nurse will be able to do it for you. (remove the nail)





Good luck!Can I Pull My Finger Nail off now?
That happen to me, I just just clipped off nail that wasn't stuck to my finger anymore, I didn't want it to snag on something and rip off, it was still very tender. If you can pull it off then sure.. it wont damage anything, you just wont have a nail. But it will grow back.





:( sorry for your hurt.
That happened to me! I asked my mom if i could pull it off and she's like no! The new nail is growing back and the old nail is protecting the skin. In a month or 2 most of it will be off and you can clip it off. Then again I shut my thumb in a bathroom door at a softball stadium....

No comments:

Post a Comment