Friday, July 30, 2010

Is Finger nail biting related to anxiety?

I am really bad at biting my nails. And I heard it's related to anxiety. Is that true? And also is it worth it to go to a doctor for a nail biting problem? The reason why is that nothing has worked. I'd be able to stop biting my nails for 5days and then I just start again.Is Finger nail biting related to anxiety?
Yes, nervousness is a big part of it and could be a obsessive compulsive disorder(OCD). I would try replacing it with another habit. That is what most people do when the have a habit to get rid of(like smoking, you chew gum,) I used a rubber band around my wrist and played with that. But mine was so bad, i had to go to the doctor to get medication like an antidepressant. Don't let them scare you. Some are mild and you may not have to be on them long. I was on for 3 months. Please talk to your doctor it is not only unsightly and embarrassing but not good for your teeth and gums and also you can get infections in your nails,Is Finger nail biting related to anxiety?
Anxiety I'm sure could be one reason. I used to bite my nails all the time and I still chew on my fingernails but don't bite them off. It bothers me too I definetly feel for you. You wouldn't only bite your nails if you had anxiety, you could just bite them straight out of habit.
  • highlight
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment